Friday, June 28, 2013

Day 10 + Beyond

Obviously, since this is the last day of my camp, I can't say much about what the future holds for this blog.  I do know that there is a fair amount of future left for me, and that's a good thing.

The experience of YWiC for me has been good.  Despite the complaining and the homework and the criticisms and the rest of everything else, it has been good, and overall I'm very glad I did this.

So, an average rating of my camp based on all of my previous scores is 6.4, but in lieu of camp being over and my short term memory loss of how I felt that day, I feel as if that rating is a little unfair, so I decided on another one, also including the lessons I learned and the importance of camp and also how good it was to actually do things each day and...

My overall rating of the entire camp: 9/10

Why 9/10?  Well, I had a bad first day, so only 9 out of 10 days did I feel the things about camp that I still feel now.  If my first day at been as great as the rest, it would be 10/10.  Every first day is rough and that should have been expected.

I assumed, on the first day, that because I tried to be confident and friendly, people would suddenly stop the path that they followed consistently through my entire life: ignoring me entirely.

Well, that didn't go to plan.  So once I dropped the assumption that my fellow campers would actually like me, things went better.  Because then when they did like me, it felt great to be part of a group.  Trying to be friendly doesn't work.  Trying to be confident and not shy, also doesn't work.  Excellent advice for all future campers: Try to be yourself.  People will still like you!

So here, in lack of anything really moving and significant to say, because I fail at such things, have a moving and significant camp video.

Yeah, you know you want to click this link.

For any future campers, those things they said, about being creative and passionate and optimistic, they are telling the truth.  It's easy to feel that way with a bunch of girls around me who feel the same and are willing to work and laugh twice as much as me.

It is a good experience.  Let me stress that some more with unnecessary fonts and things.

It is a good experience.
It is a good experience.
It is a good experience.

  • It is a good experience.
  1. It is a good experience.

IT IS A GOOD EXPERIENCE.

I want to personally thank everyone who reached out to me and made this experience great!  This is to everyone who participated in YWiC, and especially my friends, Charlotte, Kassie, Jenny, Kayla, Galen and Stephanie!  Everyone is just awesome, okay?

So here's my emotions right now:




















*obviously I don't own these images*

Thanks again to everyone and I can't tell you all how much it meant to me that all of you and I had this great experience together.

I promise I'll try to keep in touch, but if you want to contact me, I should have opened up a questions box.  That, or leave a comment and I'll get back to you with my e-mail or facebook or tumblr, whichever you'd like!

Goodbye!  This may or may not be my last post!

1 comment:

  1. i. love. gifs. Hello!!! I'm glad you had a good experience and i'm glad i was part of it ^^ You better stay in touch or i ill ind u 0.0 yup.

    ReplyDelete