Monday, June 24, 2013

Day 6

End of yet another day!

I have learned today that I am disturbingly violent when it comes to Sasquatch blood.  Yes, today we all have discovered this: I have way way way too much fun with dish soap and red blood coloring!

Trigger warning: blood

So here we go.  Blood splatters I have learnt go something like this: Farther the distance, the smaller the parent drop, the longer spires.  Isn't that awesome?  Blood is fascinating!  Especially because the viscosity of it is higher is water, so it has fun and interesting reactions.  (Also I painted a house with it)

Which goes to say that the sacrificial draining of the Sasquatch for its blood was put to good use.

Okay, it's safe now.

New friends also, because new campers!

We participated in several team building activities, and one of them included a challenge to fit all of us on a blanket, which would be folded over each time until it got as tiny as we could manage.  The rules included the ability to have a person be carried by another who was touching the blanket, to use half a foot, etc.

So we faced a great challenge: Blanket is too small to fit us, how do we all fit?

Yeah.  That's how.

Now, onto the actual computer-y things.

We started in on Alice 3.0, which is a 3-D digital animation program, so far as I can describe.  I'm working on making a music video with songs from Dalton.  If you understand that reference, I'm not sure whether I'm embarrassed of myself or proud of you.  A mixture of both maybe?

I get the feeling that lots of homework is the name of this game.  To do this project, it looks like I'm going to be putting in several hours every night.  I hope that I don't get red eye syndrome.  I like my eyes looking normal.

Lunch today was sub sandwiches, which were better than I expected, and I tried and FAILED at the oreo challenge.  I don't think anyone understands how distressing that is for me!  I was good at the oreo challenge!

So our prompt (I really did leave that to last) is this: What talent is most likely to make you famous one day?

So I wouldn't say it's a talent per say, because talent implies you're good at it so that's pretty much a lie, but my writing.  I have written a 70,000 word story before, and while I don't measure most of my works by word count and instead I do so by page count, page count is tricky.  In 10 point font, Times New Roman, double spaced, my stories tend to be anywhere from 50-100 pages, with my longest being 200 pages.  I guess if I keep writing, despite the improbability, I could become famous somehow?  I don't know, that's a long stretch.

Today's rating is an 8/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment